Skip to Main Content
Using the Aeras biorepository website
- Researchers must Register before requesting biospecimens and/or data resources.
- Upon registering, a confirmation email is sent to the email address provided by the user.
- Registration is complete once the user selects the confirmation link in the email.
- Registrants may Search the database using different parameters (e.g., material type, study, treatment group, and more).
- Additional queries about the biospecimens and/or data may be sent to Aeras through the “Contact Us” page.
- Requests for biospecimens and/or data of interest are submitted through the website.
- Links to the request forms can be found on the Specimen Search page, each of the Study pages and the main menu of the website.
- The following information should be submitted with the request form via the website:
- Summary of research plan (protocol)
- IRB review (from applicant’s institution)
- Investigator's curriculum vitae
- Requests will be reviewed by a governance committee for investigator qualifications, appropriateness of the biospecimens and/or data for the proposed research, and compliance with human subject regulations.
- For standard requests, Aeras will respond to the Aeras BioShare applications within 10 business days.
- The relevant governance committee will review the request within two months of receipt.
- If the request is approved, a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) must be signed between Aeras, the applicant’s institution, and all other relevant partners. The timeline for finalizing the MTA may vary by project.
- Please note that applicants are responsible for providing the shipping costs of the biospecimens to the testing facility.